woensdag 19 januari 2011

Life... unexpected

When I was a little girl I thought I understood how things worked. Girls grew up and would marry boys, fathers would walk their daughters down the aisle. And there is an order to things. First came love, then came marriage, then came an over priced ridiculously complicated baby carriage.
But when I grew up I realized it’s not necesserily how things worked. Girls can marry girls and boys can marry boys. Mothers can walk their daughter down the aisle and kids could come before love and marriage. It’s taken me 32 years to figure out who I wanted to be and what I’ve learned is: it’s a choice you make every day about who you wanna be and who you wanna be it with. It means appreciating what happend in your life and letting go of it. It means being willing to commit with no guarantees. It means knowing and accepting reality, you might just get the fantasy you’ve always dreamed of.


Or not.



From Life Unexpected

Geen opmerkingen: